"I like a dark screen image that's not too busy."And she included this picture.
So far, so good.
Kita posted links to hers.
Tarzan posted this.
"I have had this one since even before she was famous."
Post #4, Immy posts this.
"Can't. It'll probably get me banned. =^-^="This is where I imagine veterans of SC MKII, SLU and the SL blogorums roll their eyes, groan and push flashbacks of old threads out of their heads. Non-veterans or the unfamiliar might be doing a combination of "uh oh" and "what?" Regardless, anyone reading that one line knows it's the beginning.
Couple more posts about desktop images. People ignoring the bait. Here comes more chum.
Immy wades back in and on post #9 contributes a post that has since been edited, debated, defended and derided multiple times with no end currently in sight. [Warning: Think twice about clicking the links (here and below). Immy likes controversial lolicon images and tends to post from the full continuum with the qualifier that one end of the continuum is her wheelhouse and the other end of the continuum is what a minority of other people enjoy, but, ya know, check it out or something.]
"I'll do it this way: #ECCHI# http://darkly-cute.com/images/Desktop 110807.jpg #ECCHI# open at your own risk. =^-^=
It's a dual-screen set up and I make a big enough image to span both, each with its own scene. Set to tile and it fits perfectly. (^_^)y
Oh, I can show off my workplace desktop..."
"Ain't I the narcissist? =^-^="
"WARNING** This site goes even beyond ~MY~ boundaries -- Lolibooru <link broken by me - see explanation below>
But, anyway. (^_^)y"
"#1 rule of online safety: Unless you're clearly aware that you're directly seeking that which is behind the link, DON'T CLICK THE LINK!"
"Blind rage is entertaining."
More postings of desktop images and then post # 19.
Lain (is Bams) said:
"Linking to pornographic images of children isn't exactly above board with the rules, now is it?
It's clearly material we have outlined as inappropriate for posting, I don't see a link to the material as much different, and I'm pretty sure the laws will fall in that direction as well.
I, for one, would appreciate you having more tact and respect and keeping this filth to yourself in the future.
Thanks in advance."Aaaand we're off to the races.
Here's a quick bullet summary:
- Immy posted links to potentially illegal pornographic images thereby endangering both the site and the members who might have clicked on the second link.
- Immy posted links and not images and members were not compelled to click the links.
- Members weren't warned either.
- The pictures are of drawings, not actual people. No one was harmed in the making of them.
- The pictures are illegal in some countries and offensive to many people.
- The gV community standards say "child pornography or the sexualisation of a child, real or not, is explicitly forbidden" and no shock gore either and we agreed not to put the site in legal jeopardy.
- Immy is trolling. Again.
- Immy is a hero for being open, honest and vulnerable and exercising such great restraint.
- Immy is just posting.
- Immy thinks the pics are cute and on-topic. She also thinks they express joy, freedom and liberation.
- Immy objects to her favorite form of art being characterized as filth.
- Immy hates being an adult, but is forced into it in real and virtual lives.
- Immy is a married middle-aged man with a compulsion to post lolicon pics, seek attention and cause drama.
- Immy is like a flasher on a subway.
- Lias is old enough to be Immy's mother.
- Lias sounds like colleen's mother.
- Lias is accused of harping.
- Tarzan tells Lias to "shut up."
- Immy wants a cat.
- Someone shoots a confidential email to PETA.
- People state and quote laws and rules and so forth. Jurisdictions are discussed.
- People tell each other they are wrong.
- People accuse each other of net nannying.
- Everyone is just expressing opinions as they have a right to do.
- Immy wants to know why, if these images are illegal as so many people are telling her, are they still up and why have they been up for years?
- What Immy actually knows or doesn't know is debated.
- People are clutching pearls and being provincial and fussy.
- People are just asking Immy to respect the wishes of the community members.
- Lain (is Bams) does a pseudo-flounce.
- Lain (is Bams) returns for a quick summary and chastisement.
- Lain (is Bams) CoCos the thread.
- Lain (is Bams) Godwins the thread.
- Tarzan Godwins the thread with more Freud.
- Mary invokes the Archivist.
- Everybody else invokes Wasted.
- Another image is posted for comparison and discussion purposes.
- Storm tells everyone he has a picture of Lias on his desktop (clearly baiting Orfeu who posted a pic early on and buggered off before the drama fired up.)
- Bunnie supplies the thread memes: pilgrims and reruns.
- Jolene provides an updated summary on page 14.
- Lias provides the first list of the thread.
- Kick interprets and mediates.
- I get slaphappy.
- A planet gives out infraction points.
- Lurkers either mentally slit their wrists or eagerly refresh for more.
Oh, and CaTo posted this:
And Lias made a banner.
And Lias made a banner.
Here's Immy's post about her room. Post #32. Brace yourself.
"No. That is actually my Windows desktop. (^_^)
And, this is my room. (^_^)"
I'll link you to a post that has the second link, the more inflammatory pic site, rather than repost that link on my own site. You really want to see it, you can click through to gV, click the link there and head on over to Lolibooru. Yes, I did click. I know what you'll see if and when you get there. Don't say you weren't warned.
Here's the link to the post with the link: http://gotvirtual.net/community/threads/what-computer-desktop-image-do-you-use.2342/page-4#post-105421
My comments on FC explaining the differences in what people might have been seeing with regard to the second link could possibly clarify things a bit. http://slconfidential.blogspot.com/2011/08/gv-in-uproar-over-immy-images.html
From the rabbit: